How To Create A Universal Brand Name?
A brand name is for anyone in the world. It should have the ability to communicate with any human being in the world positively. This makes a brand name universal. Each and every brand name has their own brand story. To share that brand story with the world the brand name needs to have a positive meaning. In making a universal brand name, avoiding negative connotations is crucial. Brand names such as google, tesla, visa, BMW are universally known, with no negative connotations. In this article you can learn more about getting a universal brand name.
The meaning of the brand name is a very important turning point to your business even though people do not think much about it. Each and every word carries a feeling and that’s why worm and warm generate whole different feelings. The same goes for your brand name.
Giving the customer a meaningful and memorable experience through your brand name is very important!!!
How to create a universal brand name?
Here are the facts you need to know creating a universal brand name.
- Avoid negative connotations – This is the very first thing you need to consider creating a universal brand name. Make sure that your brand name does not generate any negative impression in any language. In brand naming, the meaning matters the most.
- Shortness- short brand names are very easy to memorize. One word is enough for a brand name, more than one word makes a brand name hard to remember.
- Uniqueness- if you study the top brand names in the world, most of them are unique, distinctive. They are very different from other competitors in the market. Unique brand names are catchy and generate a fresh vibe.
Using names of the world famous characters as a brand name? Yes it is a very effective way too. For example, the world famous car company “Tesla”, named after the great American physicist Nikola Tesla. But using famous names can be risky as there is a possibility for legal issues or not preferring to use their names for business purposes.
Why Your Brand Name Should Be Universal?
The world becomes smaller with the development of technology and there is a huge competition among the businesses to become a recognizable brand name on the internet, in the market. So a brand name which has a universal meaning is very important and for that, you need a brand name with a positive meaning. The meaning of the brand name is very important because it deals with humans across the continents.
These three facts are important in making a universal brand name.
- Large communication capacity- A brand name is for anyone in the world. A brand name has a large communication capacity. So it is important to make sure that the brand name generates the same feeling and meaning to anyone who reads it. By getting a universal brand name you can communicate with the world.
- Inspire the growth of your business- some brand names generate different meanings in other languages which makes the business fail in that country. But getting a universal brand name is like you getting a free visa to any country in the world.
- Higher customer loyalty- a positive brand name develops customers’ trust towards the brand name. They recommend your brand name for their friends and relatives, they post about your brand name in social media and you can grow a loyal customer crowd with a universal brand name.
- Authenticity- building trust with your audience is very important in creating a universal brand name. So a positive meaning of the brand name is very important in building trust with the customers.
- Personal connection- dealing with the actual people is important. So you can be away from the usual branding process and connecting with people will give you a much better idea about how you should shape your brand name.
- Customer experience- giving a customer an ultimate satisfaction through your brand name is important and it runs from the brand name to your products, sales, marketing and customer services.
- Supports advertising-Brand names with positive meanings are easier to advertise as it has something meaningful and useful to market. But advertising a brand name with a negative meaning is just a waste of money.
- Memorable-Human mind is very attractive towards advantages, positive impressions, positive feelings, because of that it is obvious that brand names with positive meanings are memorable.
- Generate customers-This is an illustrated advantage of the earlier mentioned “created trust” point, trustworthy brand names generate more and more new customers towards your brand name as the word of mouth quality of a “positive” brand name is higher.
Create an unforgettable first impression with your brand for your customers by adding a positive feeling …
What Are Real-Life Examples For Negative Connotation?
Here are some real-life examples of the brands that have a negative meaning in other languages.
- Pee Cola
This is a very popular soda in Ghana which means “a very popular cola”, but in English, it generates a whole different meaning and this is why you need to think more than twice when you name your business.
Lumia is a smartphone series from Nokia which seems unique but when translated to Spanish, Lumia is similar to “The prostitute”.
This is a detergent manufactured in Iran which means “snow”. But outside of Iran, it refers to something less new and comfortable which has a negative meaning and negatively affects the business when they are going to expand the business.
"Create an unforgettable first impression with your brand for your customers by adding a positive feeling..."
How Can You Find Whether Your Brand Name Has A Negative Meaning In Other Languages?
You can find this in two ways and they are,
- You can check from our brand name evaluation tool. This is the easiest method you can find out whether you got the perfect positive brand name or your brand name has a negative meaning in other languages. Plus, it is totally free!!!
- Another way is you can manually search whether your brand name has a negative meaning or not.
What Are Some Real Life Universal Brand Names?
Here are some popular brand names in the world that have no negative connotation but generate great and deep meanings in a positive way.
- Tesla- named after a great American physicist Nikola Tesla
- Nike – Greek goddess of the victory
- Google – 1 followed by 100 zeroes
- Visa– paper that has been seen
- Apple– represents the knowledge, simplicity
- Microsoft- micro computer software
- Amazon- the largest river in the world
Tip: How To Attract More Customers To Your Business Throughout The World?
These are some of the tips many famous brands have followed to attract more customers throughout the world to their businesses and establish their businesses in the market that you can do too.
- Showcasing employees(you can reveal the true heroes of your business, the true reason for your business’s success)
- Develop an employee-generated content
- Holiday celebration
- Social events
- Celebrate Traditions
- Office tour