Using .org with your Brand name instead .com
Here are some popular blogs which use .org as their domain extension,
.com is the most popular domain extension for any kind of business, it’s a clause.
Almost all the businesses are using the .com domain extension for their official website.
.org was introduced on the 1st of January 1985 only for non-profit.
But what you have to keep remember is that .org is not an alternative solution for .com.
It is not a good idea to register a .org domain extension for your company, startup or anything if your .com domain is already registered by somebody else.
Don’t use .org domain extension unless you are running a non-profit organization or open-source software like freeware which is fully free.
So what can you do if your selected .com has already been registered,
Out of all the options you have, one of the best options you can do is to go for another domain extension.
The second best domain extension in the world is .net but the compatibility depends on what type of business you’re in. Learn more about which is the best out of .com and .net.
And also you can rebrand your name and get .com available brand name with all the brand name qualities. Find a Brand new brand name with .com availability from Brinso.
Can you use .com for non-profit organizations?
Yes, you are free to use .com domain extension for non-profit organizations too. Currently, there are few non-profit organizations using .com as their domain extension.
- National Geographic – www.nationalgeographic.com
- TED – www.ted.com/
Pros of using .com for non-profit organizations
- Attract more visitors/traffic
Cons of using .com for non-profit organizations
- The domain extension suitable for a non-profit organization is .org.
.com is used for all types of profit-generating businesses and also it is used for non-profit generating organizations with the trustworthiness and also to attract more visitors.
Look at the most popular brands in the world.Each and everyone using .com as their domain extension.
- Google – google.com
- Facebook – facebook.com
- ebay – ebay.com
- Instagram – instagram.com
Pros of choosing .com,
- .com is the king out of all the other domain extensions.
- Trustworthiness is high among people.
- Recall value is high.
- It has become the default extension among people.
- It has good resell value.
- .com gives your business a professional look.
- It gives a small impact on SEO ranking.
Cons of choosing .com,
- The price of .com domains are high comparing to other domain extensions.
- Finding a .com extension available good brand name could be difficult.
Can you Use both .com and .org
You can use both .com and .org domain extensions based on what you really do.
Even Google runs a non-profit organization apart from what they really do.
Google.com vs Google.org
Google.com is the most used search engine worldwide which launched in 1977.
Google.org is the charitable part of Google. They use to support racial justice, educational opportunity, crisis response after health epidemics and natural disasters, and issues affecting the San Francisco Bay Area community where it’s headquartered. It also hosts regular challenges around the world to stimulate innovative uses of technologies to address local challenges.
WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
In simple it does everything for you from downloading software to managing the webserver.
This is free software, where you can download the software and manage the server on your own.
.org domain extension is used for all kinds of non-profit generating businesses and also it is used for informational blogs and sites too.
Psychologically users always expect that a non-profit organization will have .org as their domain extension. Users may have a trust issue if you are using some other domain extensions except .org.
Pros of choosing .org,
- .org holds the credit for non-profit organizations.
- It is available compared to other domain extensions.
- The price of .org is less when comparing to .com.
Cons of choosing .org,
- Highly it is only recommended for non-profit organizations.
- If it is .com everyone thinks it is a non-profit generating organization.
Here are some worst .org used non-profit organizations as per smartasset.
- Kids Wish Network
- Cancer Fund of America
- Children’s Wish Foundation International
- American Breast Cancer Foundation
- Firefighters Charitable Foundation
- Breast Cancer Relief Foundation
- International Union of Police Associations, AFL-CIO
- National Veterans Service Fund
- American Association of State Troopers
- Children’s Cancer Fund of America
Conclusion about .com & .org.
As per the research done by Brinso .org is only recommended for non-profit generating organizations as well as informational blogs or sites but .com can be used for the above-mentioned organizations and blogs too if you feel you want to grab more visitors. .com can be used for any kind of business either profit-generating or non-profit generating organizations.